Monday, June 2, 2008

The lake and the garden


Crusing around on the water.

We finally took a late afternoon boat ride. Charley said we had to charge up the battery on the pontoon. A tough job, but somebody's gotta do it.
Planted my garden today - cabbage, broccoli, kale, tomatoes, lots of peppers (habanero, jalapeno, banana, and tabasco), parsley, dill and basil. The big section to the left is that tree stump. I gave up digging it out, and moved the garden to the right. The stump was too big, blocking any room for my plants to establish roots. I still have to find a very sunny area for my blueberry bush - maybe by the beach.

6 comments:

Michelle said...

yay we aren't the only late garden planters lol... i took some pictures of the garden today... gonna put them up later sometime... it was such a beautiful day!

Van-Go said...

We have blueberries everyday with breakfast! Your garden looks good even if it is going in late. Sounds like a good time was had on the lake! NM is gettin kinda warm so we will be movin north soon.

mary said...

Well ,, another blog so soon , Great!

Garden looking good.
Riding on the lake makes me homesick. I really, really want to be on the lake..

I can hardly wait, "how does your garden grow?"

Love you
Mom

amy said...

I love that almost everyone in our family has some type of garden!! We should be the healthiest people in the world...during the summer that is!!

Connie said...

Someone plant some tomato plants for mom, ok?

amy said...

Connie Lisa and I did that weeks ago and now grandma has tomato plants with flowers and red and green pepper plants!!! GO US!