Tuesday, June 12, 2007

More construction


The siding is almost complete. I love the new look ,but the pink door has got to go!

Shaun uses a transit to level the siding. I never thought about how important that would be until I saw him set it up. There are transits in my metrology book (Fundamentals of Dimensional Metrology, 5th ed. ), so I took advantage of the photo opportunity to show how the equipment is used. The house is more visible from the lake. The dark brown hid the house prettily in the trees, but the lake view was the only place this was attractive - and then only from far away on the lake. I won't miss that dark color.





The last part of the house is the most difficult to finish. There is a lot of trim work to do, but the improvement will be most visible and the most rewarding.

4 comments:

djhauk said...

the house looks so awsome. the color makes such a statement. good choice. the pictures are really a great way to see what you are talking about. I'm glad you have a blog. It's a great way to share. I love it.

Connie said...

Thanks. It's nice to have a record of the changes. In a month, I won't remember what it looked like.

Connie said...

Come and see it first-hand. I promise you a great time.

Maris said...

Thank you for mentioning my book. According to Amazon.com, THE CROWS should be available January 10, 2008. I really like what you're doing with your house. My husband and I built a house years ago, so I know how much work is involved.
Best wishes,
Maris Soule
THE CROWS, a Five Star Mystery