Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Taking down the cottage next door



Does a tree falling make a noise if no one is there to hear it?



The cute little cottage next door is being demolished to make way for a bigger home (ahh, progress).

Dumping the doors and windows. The owner/operator of the excavator told me he would let me drive it. I'm still waiting for that opportunity.


The small side porch is all that is left standing.


Hooking up the tree to a chain (to ensure it doesn't fall on MY house).
Taking out the tree (see video above).

3 comments:

mary said...

Oh my , I did not know they took down a big tree also. Good pictures.

Mom

Anonymous said...

wow next time i come to michigan i am going to have to come to your place. I'm not sure what is gping on with the deployment yet, i want to stay in hawaii... (who wouldn't) but we are still waiting to see how it will work it self out.

Connie said...

I would love to see you - you are welcome anytime Alisha!