Thursday, November 8, 2007

What hit me?


I am not sure what happened, but this second treatment hit me hard. I was nauseated for 6 days, and it just kept getting worse. I couldn't even sit up without feeling like I would either vomit or faint. No food sounded good, and no liquid did either, leading to dehydration and more misery.
I finally worked up the energy to call the cancer center, and they told me to come in right away (as if that was going to be easy.) Charley - bless him! - warmed up the car, while I got dressed, and drove me into Kalamazoo, where he went inside and picked up a wheelchair for me. I would never have made it to the second floor without one.
They started fluids and potassium immediately, and ran my blood counts. My white blood count dropped to 1.1. I think a "normal range" is between 4 and 11. I had just talked them into reducing the Neulasta last week since my WBC was 10, and I felt terrific. What a difference a week can make.

Fortunately, the fluids, anti-nausea drugs, and the injection for WBC has made me feel much better. I feel almost normal tonight. What a relief!

6 comments:

Michelle said...

I hope you feel better!

Van-Go said...

So sorry to hear you got "hit", but glad to hear you are feeling better. Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

Ok then, thank God you are better now. Those chemo drugs and whatevers are really what they say, almost kill you just to bring you back. Stay with us!! Love the picture by the way, breast cancer pink looks good on you. Did I say that right? LOL.

Anonymous said...

With your strength and our prayers, I know everything will work out!! Love you!

Anonymous said...

We love you STAY STRONG!!

djhauk said...

Well all those reading, here we go again. Today is Nov 18th and Connie needs our prayers and support. Another hard day. Just want you to know Connie, I'm thinking of you, praying this will move on quickly and wishing you the strength you need to get thru this. love your sister DEE